Let me introduce a new series that I will be running on my blog, with posts every Sunday: How to build a fantasy world. I have experience in this area, being myself a writer.
Buuut I also think I have some special advice you will not necessarily find elsewhere:
I am a student of history and culture, which means that I know what you should be looking out for and what you need to consider when building a realistic world. Culture, history, and setting in stories also happen to be my die-hard passions, so this will be as fun for me as it will be for you 😉
I’ll take you through the steps of building a fantasy world from scratch:
- The politics of your world
- The geography of your world
- The cultures of your world
- Making a good fantasy map
- Creating a fantasy language (and when you shouldn’t bother)
- Combat in your world
- The basic elements of the fantasy plot
- How to write a fantasy hero(ine)
- The history of your world
- As well as some general tips on how to write in the fantasy genre.
Don’t forget to follow my blog so you don’t miss any articles, and let me know what you need advice on the most – it will make it into an article, and I’d love to chat to you about it in the meantime and give you advice.
Please please don’t hesitate to comment with your questions; I will answer your question as soon as I see it. It can be anything to do with writing in fantasy – I will do my best to help you out!
This will be fun.